Photo

Help us win our GoToMyPC Affiliate Contest!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:22 AM

Hey all,

There is an affiliate contest that GoToMyPC is putting on that I wanted to make you aware of. Affiliates that generate the most leads are up for some decent cash prizes. Any of these prizes would seriously benefit the site and help defer out of pocket expenses to keep everything around here moving smoothly. I know that many of you in the past have contributed, or are in the middle of a contribution cycle now, or maybe wanted to contribute but never have. Well, this is an opportunity for you to contribute without any out of pocket expense what so ever.

You do have to enter payment information to qualify as a lead, but you have 30 days to try it and decide to cancel if you do not wish to be billed. No charges will be applied to your card within the trial. All you have to do is click the link below and follow the account creation steps, and download and setup the micro client that is GoToMyPC and check it out. I've used it quite a bit myself and it is very slick. You can remotely access your computer from anywhere you can get to the GoToMyPC website. No port forwarding or advanced routing required on your networking equipment. If you decide to stick with it, you can sign up for a monthly or annual billing, but it's certianly not required (it does give us bonus points though).

Anyway, I just thought that I would throw this out there and see if anyone might want a free trial of some remote management software and help us generate some additional revenue at the same time.

The overhead is non-existant and it's super easy to setup and use. If you've got a few minutes, it sure would be helpful if you could give it a shot, even if you uninstall it after you try it for a few days, the contest is for completed leads. Hell, bring all your friends over and have them try it out as well.

Depending on how well we do, some of the things that I am hoping to bring on line are another round of contests/give aways, increased bandwidth for a gaming server, perhaps some additional game server memory, and as always... overhead.

Click the link below to get started. It should only take about 5 minutes tops.

http://www.tqlkg.com/9377ax0pvtEGJNMKLHEGFIFFJGH

*The contest has actually started now... ;) So I thought I would put the post back. Heh If even half of our registered members would try it out that would be a HUGE help. And again, there is no obligation, you've got 30 days to check it out and decide if you want to keep it or pass on it.

*edited 9:11am after discovering that payment info is indeed required to count as a lead in the contest*

#2 oVo

oVo

Thought Mod. Wannabe

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,892 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:34 AM

So we can do it right now?
Posted Image [font="Impact"]

#3 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:48 AM

Contest dates are 2/27 through 3/3, so anytime between now and then should be within the promotion.

I've been reading a bit more and cant find a clear cut definition of what constitues a lead. I didn't think that you had to enter payment info (i know you don't have to actually pay anything). Some sections say that you do need to have entered payment info to qualify, some make no mention of this stipulation.

To be 100% in the safe side, if you enter payment info it's a slam dunk. If you don't it will hopefully count anyway, but I don't know. If you do enter a CC you still have the trial period to click the "CANCEL" button and never be charged anything. I set a number of former clients up with this for it's ease of use and can say that GoToMyPC is on the up and up if you're worried about it. They even have a phone number with people on the other end if you need help post sign up.

I do realize some people will be leery about putting in billing info and that's ok. Like I said earlier, this is just a chance to esentially try to bring in some operating capital at no real cost to anyone which seemed like the best kind! :D

Thanks to all for reading, and thanks to everyone who gives it a shot! You guys (and gals) are what keep this place going!

#4 oVo

oVo

Thought Mod. Wannabe

• Valued Member
  • 9,892 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:53 AM

I just tried it out and it will not let you start the free trial, 60 minutes connection time or 15 days, unless you enter CC info. Just so that you know.

#5 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:09 AM

Hmm, alright. They must have changed that sometime in the past. I don't believe that it used to be that way.

So apparently billing info is required to get entered in the contest and to get to use the trial. If you do decide to try it, and decide you don't wish to keep it, you can cancel via your account at their website without incuring any charges.

I'll modify the initial post to try to prevent confusion. Thanks oVo. I can't sign myself up to check it out. They frown on that kind of thing.

#6 oVo

oVo

Thought Mod. Wannabe

• Valued Member
  • 9,892 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:16 AM

np Andrax, least I can do. By the way, it is either 15 days or 1 hour connection time, whichever comes first. After that they will charge you, I believe. That 1 hour limit is a bugger if they don't give a warning. Well, you can always try it out for 30 minutes one day and then cancel if you don't want it, that way you don't accidentally end up paying for something you don't want. Seems workable.

#7 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:23 AM

Deffinitely go with the trial specifics on the GoToMyPC website for exactly what's included (duration/time) of the trial. I've modified my post to remove any confusion or potential error on my part. ;)

Sounds like its a total of an hour connection time or 15 days from the time of registration, which ever comes first. Is that even if you put in the CC info oVo? Or just if you dont?

#8 popeyecu

popeyecu

Forum Supreme Being

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:57 AM

I was looking into it and created an account. Then it wanted the CC info, and I always forget to cancel those things before they bill me. Maybe tonight I'll set it up and hit cancel immediately, since I don't want to use the service, but would like to help you guys out.
I love the copper. I love the aluminum. I love metal and silicon working together for the betterment of computing.

Andrax Affiliate:

Posted Image