• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:09 PM

Posted ImageIf you're sad to see MS abandon Frontpage in 2007, never fear, Google is here!

You can get in line to try to new Google Page Creator here but apparently demand has been through the roof, and instead of trying the service, users are now asked to supply their email address to be contacted when things slow down a bit for the new service.

Powered by AJAX the application will run similar to a desktop application and allow users a WYSIWYG program to create and modify web content. Could be a very interesting application to keep an eye on.

Details about Google Page Creator:

Create your own web pages, quickly and easily.

Google Page Creator is a free online tool that makes it easy for anyone to create and publish useful, attractive web pages in just minutes.

* No technical knowledge required.
Build high-quality web pages without having to learn HTML or use complex software.

* What you see is what you'll get.
Edit your pages right in your browser, seeing exactly how your finished product will look every step along the way.

* Don't worry about hosting.
Your web pages will live on your own site at http://yourgmailusername.googlepages.com

#2 popeyecu

popeyecu

Forum Supreme Being

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:58 PM

Frontpage is dead in '07! Thank God. Worst software ever for authoring pages.
I love the copper. I love the aluminum. I love metal and silicon working together for the betterment of computing.

Andrax Affiliate:

Posted Image

#3 lobsta21

lobsta21

Power Poster

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:25 PM

What other software is easier? FrontPage worked for me, Publisher also. With the Front Page extensions I could publish direct, no ftp needed. Admittedly I could be uninformed but plenty of businesses use it along with 2k. Technically correct webs are for the few with the knowledge. 284 characters so far.

#4 popeyecu

popeyecu

Forum Supreme Being

• Valued Member
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 03:56 PM

Dreamweaver makes pretty decent code, and it can create FLASH objects too! No Frontpage extensions needed.
I love the copper. I love the aluminum. I love metal and silicon working together for the betterment of computing.

Andrax Affiliate:

Posted Image

#5 Menelaus

Menelaus

Mini-mene

• Moderators
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:12 PM

bloody hell its lobsta!
"It is the job of the judges to ensure that the government of the day does not exceed its powers, which is a permanent desire of all governments." Lord Donaldson of Lymington

Brigadier: Naturally enough, the only country that could be trusted with such a role was Great Britain.
The Doctor: Naturally. I mean, the rest were all foreigners.

#6 lobsta21

lobsta21

Power Poster

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 01:26 PM

So dreamweaver will replace Front Page? Are there any Blueberries on that hill in your sig? Is this an .edu site? mene ....any more kids? Still number 14? You may reply to your superior number 13. But never look directly at me.

#7 Mofo Jones

Mofo Jones

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 12,268 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:26 PM

Keep your pitiful eyes downcast, lowly #13! :devil:
Posted Image

#8 Menelaus

Menelaus

Mini-mene

• Moderators
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:25 PM

So dreamweaver will replace Front Page? Are there any Blueberries on that hill in your sig? Is this an .edu site? mene ....any more kids? Still number 14? You may reply to your superior number 13. But never look directly at me.

*eyes downcast*

"Yes, sir, Mr. Lobsta, sir."

Blueberry Hill?

Sounds tuneful. I ought to write a song called that.

As for Number 12, I'll have you know I am not a number, I am a free man!
"It is the job of the judges to ensure that the government of the day does not exceed its powers, which is a permanent desire of all governments." Lord Donaldson of Lymington

Brigadier: Naturally enough, the only country that could be trusted with such a role was Great Britain.

#9 Mofo Jones

Mofo Jones

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 12,268 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:51 PM

Then why do we have membership numbers? :blink:
Posted Image

#10 Menelaus

Menelaus

Mini-mene

• Moderators
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:56 PM

so Andrax can correlate them against the RFID chips in our heads, of course.

#11 popeyecu

popeyecu

Forum Supreme Being

• Valued Member
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:14 PM

"Are there any Blueberries on that hill in your sig?"

Depends what kind of Blueberry you speak of. If it's the green kind, I'm sure there are some.

That actually reminds me of this time I got really drunk with this band and they took me to a hippy blueberry party the next morning. Wierdest shit I ever participated in. Damn hippies.

Andrax Affiliate:

Posted Image

#12 Menelaus

Menelaus

Mini-mene

• Moderators
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:07 PM

has anyone got to grips with this?
I got accepted into the testing phase, along with half the planet, but haven't had time to try anything out at all.