• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 08:49 AM

Posted ImageWell, if you've been living under a rock you may not have heard about the newest work of fan film making the rounds in the Star Wars Universe.

Revelations is a 40 minute film set between Episode III and IV, expanding on the Empire's quest to eliminate the Jedi throughout the universe. The film involved some 200 people and took 3 years to produce. Deffinitely another example of a die hard fan base taking the universe and exploring its possibilities. And i'm sure that many fans would agree, that it would be hard to NOT improve upon the Episode I and II.

The film is available for free in .torrent form with lots of options for the bandwidth impaired. You can get the Quicktime, or Windows Media versions, which are about 250mb each. If you really want to experience the film from the glory of your home theatre setup, you can download the DVD ISO of the movie, and the Bonus Feature DVD which are 3.5 and 4.5 GB respectively. Also available if you have an extra DVD case lying around is the DVD Cover Art.

It really is amazing what you can do with video/computer equipment with some time and money and a dedicated crew of talented people.

Revelations tells it's story around it's own unique characters and worlds around the Star Wars universe in which the only original star wars characters you will see from the films are, the Emperor, Vader, stormtroopers, and various aliens that makes Star Wars. "Revelations" is very unique in it own way of look and feel, yet still within the Star Wars galaxy. We wanted to make something that was our own and not a simple retelling of Star Wars, or ideas and looks that have been explored before. We tried to make a film with the things and ideas we always wanted to see.
In the end, the script went through roughly 12 revisions by the time you watch it, and some were on the fly as we tightened and tweaked the story we wanted to tell or strengthen characters and deliveries. We think the end result is a fast pace film that takes you for quite a ride. We give a lot of looks for "Revelations" that is very exciting. It's a film we wanted to make in which we do not dummy down the exposition or story, and you really have to pay attention or you will miss things. A lot happens in 40 mins!

Check it out if you have some time...

#2 Webbie

Webbie

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 08:52 AM

It's bad. The acting is beyond terrible.

The computer generated scenes were well done though.

The part that bothered me the most was when the Jedi fixed her hair after getting out of her ship. Completely out of character. <_<
"Are you a god?"
"More or less Toblaki. Does that frighten you?"
"I've met gods before. They collect chickens."
"We posess mysterious ways indeed."

#3 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:21 AM

I've yet to watch it, am downloading now however. I just came across it and thought I would throw it up.

#4 Mofo Jones

Mofo Jones

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 12,268 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:25 AM

I always thought that "Pink Five" was good for a chuckle.
Posted Image

#5 DarkStar

DarkStar

Forum Demi-God

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:22 AM

It's like Star Wars only older, homelier and chunkier actors! :lol:
<iframe src="http://www.worldcomm...e&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></iframe>

#6 Webbie

Webbie

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 12:08 PM

Bingo! :lol:
"Are you a god?"

#7 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 03:59 PM

Hmm... if you're going to grab it, get the small one first....

It's cool to see what people can do on their own, but man the acting and script needed some more work. The special effects were pretty cool for such a small film though.

#8 Webbie

Webbie

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:12 PM

That's what I said, but the acting is just painful, as are the lightsabre fights.
"Are you a god?"

#9 The Moose

The Moose

Forum Supreme Being

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:13 PM

they shoulda hired the the star wars kid.

#10 oVo

oVo

Thought Mod. Wannabe

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,892 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 04:08 AM

Alienware Star Wars PC (yes, I said I would click the ads and read, others here will miss this with their FF adblock turned up to max)??
Posted Image [font="Impact"]

#11 Mofo Jones

Mofo Jones

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 12,268 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 08:14 AM

I like it! Too bad it's an AW.
Posted Image