• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 07:50 PM

Potentially a very cool little bit of freeware allowing you to establish a very firm grasp of all sorts of system information, available at your beck and call.

Posted ImageSamurize is the popular advanced system monitoring and desktop enhancement engine for Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003. IT professionals, overclockers, gamers and desktop modders alike use Samurize for system information, weather reports, news headlines and much much more. And best of all, Samurize is 100% free!

Samurize's rich feature set includes:

an unrivalled set of built-in meters (Disk utilization, CPU usage, network traffic, system temperatures...)
ultimate customizing and skinning possibilities with no programming knowledge required
monitoring your own computer or others over a network
tiny memory footprint and CPU usage
the first system monitoring tool with a true WYSIWYG editor
full extensibility via scripts and plugins with a powerful plugin SDK/API
minimal software requirements (no .NET or Service Packs necessary)
multimonitor support
many usage options (desktop, taskbar and clock clients, server outputting to XML or image formats, screensaver)

Samurize: The Only Limit Is Your Imagination

The full skinny is available at the Saumrize website, and you can check out some screen shots of it in action. It's also apparently very skinnable.

#2 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:03 PM

Just snagged it. I'll install this tomorrow. B)

#3 Webbie

Webbie

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:10 PM

gkrealm, gdesklets.
"Are you a god?"
"More or less Toblaki. Does that frighten you?"
"I've met gods before. They collect chickens."
"We posess mysterious ways indeed."

#4 Pbrainz

Pbrainz

Power Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 20 March 2005 - 09:21 PM

used to use samurize.. don't remember why I stopped though. Looks like fun. I think i'll install it on my new junk lappy. :)

#5 deaded

deaded

Thought Moderator

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 01:52 AM

I've been using it for years. I depend on it. Great program and be sure to snag motherboardmonitor too.
Dyslexics are teople poo

#6 oVo

oVo

Thought Mod. Wannabe

• Valued Member
  • 9,892 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 02:16 AM

Never heard of it before, thanks for bringing it to my attention. Think I will try it out although Everst provides a lot of info as well and is also free.
Posted Image [font="Impact"]

#7 MrBastage

MrBastage

Forum Demi-God

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:03 AM

I haven't used it for a while. It was bogging things down for me. Probably had to do with my crappy wireless connection at the time. MAybe I should give it another shot. It wasn't the easiest program to configure at times.

Posted Image

#8 oVo

oVo

Thought Mod. Wannabe

• Valued Member
  • 9,892 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:11 AM

Hmmm, mixed feelings popping up here.
Posted Image [font="Impact"]

#9 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 08:08 AM

Hmmm, mixed feelings popping up here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mixed feelings because you've used it, or mixed feelings based on the response of others to the thread?

#10 deaded

deaded

Thought Moderator

• Valued Member
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:15 PM

Yeah, it actually does take a little bit of thinking to use. It's not totally idiot proof. No way would my mom be able to even come close to using it. Or my grandpa for that matter. But he's dead. You don't really need to read the manual or anything but you do have to click the help button once in a while to see what a certain option does. I've found it to use almost no system resources and it can do tons of stuff. For example put a graph of your net access on the desktop with a transparent background, same for CPU usage (or each cpu usage), your IP if it's dynamic (if it's not you don't need to), how many email are waiting, news headlines if you want, fan speeds, temps, drive size/free/activity, ram usage, etc. Pretty much any thing you can think of. It's also nice because you can configure the output to be numbers, bar graphs, line graphs, colors, or tie it to graphics or animation. It's also nice cuz you can make each thing a custom button. For example, my graph of how much space is left on my hard drive has the % free next to it too and when I click either it opens up an explorer window for that drive. You can also use it to launch programs. It's terribly configurable and very easy to make graphics for.
Dyslexics are teople poo

#11 deaded

deaded

Thought Moderator

• Valued Member
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:18 PM

Oh, wow, and I'm still using the 0.85c beta! Time for me to upgrade!
Dyslexics are teople poo