• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#26 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:08 PM

Hi folks! Yes, Andrax still takes contributions to keep this Board going!

#27 popeyecu

popeyecu

Forum Supreme Being

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:07 PM

And if you buy a system through me and mention Andrax, there's a piece going to the boards!
I love the copper. I love the aluminum. I love metal and silicon working together for the betterment of computing.

Andrax Affiliate:

Posted Image

#28 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:37 PM

And if you buy a system through me and mention Andrax, there's a piece going to the boards!

Major w00tage! :w00t:

#29 popeyecu

popeyecu

Forum Supreme Being

• Valued Member
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:46 PM

I do what I can, I only wish I could do more.

Thanks for bringing this thread back up JC, by the way.
I love the copper. I love the aluminum. I love metal and silicon working together for the betterment of computing.

Andrax Affiliate:

Posted Image

#30 Dick_Dastardly

Dick_Dastardly

Forum Regular

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:54 AM

I know that we've all been hit by the recession. Andrax might not want to ask for cash donations at this time, but the thought comes to mind that Andrax has probably been hit as hard as many others. Harder than some. I don't know what it takes to keep this board running, but I'm familiar with the costs of hosting a board.

Not knowing what's needed is a little confusing to me. Is my donation sufficient? Is more needed? If so, how much?

I might even be out of line asking about it. I don't know. AFAIK, it's not a taboo subject.

To me, this is the second most important board running, next to the one I'm an admin for. I'd like to see it continue well into the future and would hate to see anything happen due to finances.

If there's a need, will you let us know collectively, Anrdrax?

Edited by Dick_Dastardly, 20 April 2009 - 04:55 AM.

Posted Image

#31 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:48 PM

Hey gang. Firstly, Dick_Dastardly, your generosity and that of this community is overwhelming. In the current economic times I had pretty much written off anything coming in but here and there people still find a few dollars to contribute. The emails that alert me always surprise me... it's just an automated "ping" to announce that there has been a contribution but I'm always like "wth is that email about... ohhh yeah! That's AWESOME"

I've never actually set any kind of targets for donations or income. Actually this post (months old now, damn my bad on that) reminded me tonight that I need to not only fix the front page of the Andrax.Net website (not the forum) and re-add the Yahoo! adds to the header. I've always taken the approach that if we can bring in a little here and there by users clicking the banner ads (which generate income from clicks), affiliate sales (users making the purchase they were going to make anyway by starting their shopping session via a link from andrax.net), and donations that it would be pretty slick.

Contributions however are the only cash that actually comes straight in. With PPC and Affiliate sales, its usually a few cents per click or a very small percentage 1-5% of the purchase price that is flagged, but the payout doesn't get triggered until a minimum dollar amount is reached ($50-$100). So in some cases we have affiliate sales from 12-24 months ago that we still haven't actually realized because their held by the affiliate program until we reach that minimum level. lol

There are always expenses to resolve from hosting to updates and to be honest I just pay them as they come up. It's always been my goal to grow the forum to the point that the community thrives with both activity and some semblance of income to be self supporting. One of these days I'm sure it will be, we've only been around since 2002 so we're still young. Or are we old? 7 years on the internet may be 2 or three lifetimes now that I think about it. heheh This is however why I try to post the occasional affiliate announcement for specials with links. We really have some great affiliates that I think most of us buy from anyway. A couple extra clicks to start those shopping sessions really makes a difference, especially if everyone does it. It doesn't add 1 cent to what you would have paid anyway at the same online retailer, it just generates a little bit of $$ for the site because we get credit for sending you over.

Contributions are always welcome, just had one today actually. I would like to thank all of our past and present contributors. Your generosity is always appreciated, and while I try to not make a bunch of posts about it please know that it means the world to me that you think enough of the community to take that step. I think the reason I haven't set goals or really pushed for contributions is that I don't want people to feel obligated. If people can contribute and would like to, thats FANTASTIC. But times are tough and seriously, people are having to choose between gas in their car, medicine for a loved one, keeping a roof overhead, or food on the table so I would feel kinda dirty passing around the cup and asking for donations and such. I also appreciate all of our membership that frequents the forums. Fewer lately, but we'll keep after it and with fresh content and active members we will see new users find their way as we climb back up the page ranks for interesting topics. ;)

If anyone has any questions or what not please don't hesitate to ask. It's been crazy on the work and home front lately but I'm trying to be around more.

#32 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 06:24 PM

I think I can toss in some old "Confederate Dollars" in soon.   :devil: 

j/k!

Gimme a few days. :wink:

Edited by Johnny Cool, 20 October 2009 - 06:25 PM.

#33 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:17 AM

I think I can toss in some old "Confederate Dollars" in soon.   :devil: 

j/k!

Gimme a few days. :wink:

Ditto again. :wink:

#34 DarkStar

DarkStar

Forum Demi-God

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:22 AM

Just blew all my money on a new rig but I've sent off a minor donation, sorry I couldn't afford more.
<iframe src="http://www.worldcomm...e&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></iframe>

#35 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:12 AM

Much appreciated all. The generosity of our members is always overwhelming, especially when things (economy) are down. Sorry that things have been a little slow around here, so many irons in the fire to make ends meet that there never seem to be enough hours in the day to get even most of it done.

Your direct contributions and shopping our affiliate merchants goes a long way and we very much appreciate every effort to help. On my list is a new way to manage content to improve the design of the website and provide a tighter integration to the forum. How exactly to go about this and how much it will cost are both largely unknown, but it's been long enough that we're due for a face-lift.

I'm always open to suggestions so please feel free to post or pm me directly. When we can drum up some more forum activity I hope to get back to pounding the pavement to get some small sponsorships for giveaways from some tech companies/game publishers. We'll see how it goes.

#36 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:13 AM

PS DarkStar, shoot me a PM with the info that you used yesterday, not sure why the forum didn't auto promote you to Contributor.

**NM DarkStar, I found it and corrected the issue** :)

#37 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:45 AM

Just a quick thanks once again to all of our members. I have always known that we have a great group of members and that continues to be true. Thanks to everyone for continuing to support this site with their time, posts, affiliate purchases and direct contributions.

*quick side note*
RaymondFO, thank you very much, the email address didn't match up so the automated upgrade to Contributor group got stuck. I manually processed the move this morning and you're good to go!

#38 deaded

deaded

Thought Moderator

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:29 PM

I don't think this topic can be considered HOT any more.  

So I was just checking to see if this was still going on.  I have a couple of wooden nickels burning a hole in my pocket.  Does Andrax even come here anymore?

OUCH!

Dang, now I need new pants.

Dyslexics are teople poo

#39 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:39 AM

I don't think this topic can be considered HOT any more.  

So I was just checking to see if this was still going on.  I have a couple of wooden nickels burning a hole in my pocket.  Does Andrax even come here anymore?

OUCH!

Dang, now I need new pants.

I would if Andrax took the time to make a solid effort making this Board prominent (avtive) again! It's even hard to tell who posted and when unless you look in this "General) topics forum. I think the older Members would come back, I think it would be time...

Edited by Johnny Cool, 09 November 2014 - 08:39 AM.

#40 deaded

deaded

Thought Moderator

• Valued Member
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:35 PM

Yes, I'd come back.

Dyslexics are teople poo

#41 Trigger69

Trigger69

Forum Supreme Being

• Valued Member
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:08 AM

Just saying hello... deaded, JC, MoFo, and Mene... been forever, lots of life changes, etc... Hope you guys are well!! :)

You guys definitely cross my mind...like this morning LOL...

"Each step I take the shadows grow longer, Padded footfalls in the dark I wander. Come to steal your lifeblood away, Looking for a beauty that never fades".....

#42 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:02 AM

Just saying hello... deaded, JC, MoFo, and Mene... been forever, lots of life changes, etc... Hope you guys are well!! :)

You guys definitely cross my mind...like this morning LOL...

Wow! Trigger69!!! Great to see you post here. Just like everyobe else, lots of stuff has been going on. This is a good start for even more Members of Andrax to start posting again!  :D 

#43 deaded

deaded

Thought Moderator

• Valued Member
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:51 AM

Wow!! Trigger!!!  Great to see you here!  

We need a place to hang out.

Dyslexics are teople poo

#44 Mofo Jones

Mofo Jones

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 12,268 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:24 PM

Holy crap, it's practically old home week!

Posted Image

#45 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:41 AM

Holy crap, it's practically old home week!

Yes! Almost. And if Ben can get the guests named Google, Bing and Yahoo off this board, that would be more than ok. Seriously. :online2long: 

#46 deaded

deaded

Thought Moderator

• Valued Member
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:39 PM

I am GROOT

Dyslexics are teople poo

#47 Menelaus

Menelaus

Mini-mene

• Moderators
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:56 AM

Hey, Trigger, pull up a beanbag and get comfy.

"It is the job of the judges to ensure that the government of the day does not exceed its powers, which is a permanent desire of all governments." Lord Donaldson of Lymington

Brigadier: Naturally enough, the only country that could be trusted with such a role was Great Britain.
The Doctor: Naturally. I mean, the rest were all foreigners.

#48 deaded

deaded

Thought Moderator

• Valued Member
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:42 PM

I AM GROOT!

Dyslexics are teople poo

#49 Menelaus

Menelaus

Mini-mene

• Moderators
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:08 PM

I'm Spartacus!

"It is the job of the judges to ensure that the government of the day does not exceed its powers, which is a permanent desire of all governments." Lord Donaldson of Lymington

Brigadier: Naturally enough, the only country that could be trusted with such a role was Great Britain.
The Doctor: Naturally. I mean, the rest were all foreigners.

#50 deaded

deaded

Thought Moderator

• Valued Member
  • 7,803 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:04 PM

I AM GROOT!!

Dyslexics are teople poo