• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 04:02 PM

Every few months I try to make a point to make a few things known to our new members, who may not have seen this info before. All old members who already know this stuff, please carry on. ;)

Anyway, Andrax.Net is a completely free (for now and as long as humanly possible) web community built upon the idea that putting intelligent people together who have a strong love for technology would be one hell of a fun place to hang out!

Andrax.Net is privately funded (mostly) out of my pocket as a hobby site that I am quite taken with and enjoy very much. Another means of revenue for the site is through member donations. Through the "My Controls" page there is a Purchase Paid Subscription button. This allows members to donate to the site in almost any $$ increment via PayPal. Members that donate are identified as "Contributors" and have a few forum perks like reduced flood control time, increased PM storage, access to the Contributors Forum, significant increase in time allowed for editing posts, and a few others. They are also identified in RED in the "Users Online" listing. Member donations go towards covering our operating costs, licensing, contest prizes, review materials, and equipment maint. Donations at any level are very much appreciated and all get lumped together to help keep the site going, growing, and improving. Donation ranges are available from as little as $5 to... well, really as much as someone might want to give *the reason there are no $1 donation amounts is that the fees associated with this would eliminate most of the contribution, and why line paypal's pockets*. We have been lucky so far in that we have a number of very generous members who have gone out of their way to contribute to the site to sponsor contests etc. So I would like to take this opportunity to thank them! THANKS! :D

Another exciting way for our community members to help keep this site going is to start your internet shopping with our Computer Affiliates or Outdoor/Life Affiliates. Please check them out! If you are going to be doing shopping online, via any of the sites we are already affiliated with, doing your shopping from our links to those stores will result in a small comission being paid to this site for "referring" you. There is absolutely no down side for you. You can still use any coupon/gift certificate you may have, you do not pay any more for your items then you would if you went directly to the shops website, but your purchase, made via our affiliate links turns into a small contribution to this site. Some of our bigger named affiliates that you may recognize are... Buy.Com, BestBuy, Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, EBGames, Gamestop, Dell Home, DELL Business, Gateway, Fujitsu, Firetrust (mailwasher), REI, GARTS, and many more.

We also sport some very fun and exciting gear at not one, but TWO gift shops online, where you can stock up on your very own gear for friends, family, and of course... yourself! Hey, the holidays are right around the corner. :) There is the Andrax.Net Shop and the Andrax Network Shop. Both sport the same items, but different logo colors and designs etc. Check the Affiliate Promotions area for Cafepress coupon codes which are posted as soon as i get them.

And finally, another option for members to help Andrax.Net is by choosing Andrax Network for your web hosting needs. Andrax.Net community members are entitled to a non standard (discounted) pricing structure which is outlined here. A number of members have already come on board.

I don't want this to sound like we're fishing for $$, but I have spoken with a number of people who expressed an interest in helping out, and this seemed to be the best way to outline the various methods that are available for people to do so. And with the rash of new registrations etc, it seemed like another good time to bring it up. Some members didn't even know we HAD an affiliate page, let alone 2 of them. And if you know of an E-Tailer that has an affiliate program that you think other members would frequent, please let us know so that we can inquire directly with the merchant.

So, with that, I would like to thank everyone for making this site what it is today. Keep up the good work!!! And don't forget to tell your friends about us so that we can continue to grow.

#2 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 07:29 PM

I have made many purchases through Andrax.net. It never cost me anything extra. And, it helps support this Board. B)

Edit: grammar

Edited by Johnny Cool, 10 January 2005 - 07:30 PM.

#3 GNC

GNC

Forum God

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 08:24 PM

My last few Amazon purchases weren't through Andrax, someone hasn't added amazon.co.uk to their affiliate. :online2long:

#4 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 08:29 PM

I'll go check up on it... ;) Do we have any members that live in the UK though?

#5 GNC

GNC

Forum God

• Valued Member
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 08:46 PM

Beats me, but I can't be the only one to order stuff from them.

#6 The Moose

The Moose

Forum Supreme Being

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 08:47 PM

What good is .uk going to do a Canexan?

Edited by The Moose, 10 January 2005 - 08:47 PM.

#7 GNC

GNC

Forum God

• Valued Member
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 08:52 PM

Canexan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

/takes of glove....

/slaps Neo across the face.

#8 "Q"

"Q"

Forum God

• Members
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 08:58 PM

/takes of glove....

So you like to take of the glove huh? :devil:
"Lead me to the rock that is higher than I" - Psalm 61

#9 The Moose

The Moose

Forum Supreme Being

• Members
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 09:04 PM

I stand by my words.

#10 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 09:07 PM

What good is .uk going to do a Canexan?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: :lol:

#11 Jasie

Jasie

Forum Supreme Being

• Valued Member
  • 2,910 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 12:32 AM

I made an order through amazon.ca and used the affiliate link. Thanks to JC, that is.
Why bother?
Pardalote is a literati hustler
girls are so much fun I don't understand why they aren't all lesbians
Lewd harbinger of an optimistic fatalist

pie sucks!

#12 GNC

GNC

Forum God

• Valued Member
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 12:55 AM

Very well, Neodude.

#13 VooDude

VooDude

Forum God

• Valued Member
  • 4,584 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 04:30 PM

GAYNC
Posted Image

#14 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 02:55 PM

Andrax, would you accept gold bullion? Of course I do not have gold bullion. I was just curious. LOL!

#15 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 03:13 PM

LOL...

Certianly, anyone wishing to donate gold bullion can contact me for a shipping address. ;)

#16 oVo

oVo

Thought Mod. Wannabe

• Valued Member
  • 9,892 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 02:21 AM

I have vegetable bouillon. Will that work?
Posted Image [font="Impact"]

#17 Mofo Jones

Mofo Jones

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 12,268 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:18 PM

I have beef bouillion. :)
Posted Image

#18 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 01:14 PM

Hmm, yeah, I think we're good on soup starters here. So probably best to stick to gold/silver bullion or cash money ;)

LoL

#19 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 05:13 PM

:devil:

#20 Mike

Mike

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 8,493 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 09:29 PM

Don't use bullion cubes-they're mostly salt licks :lol:
In 1887, Iolani Palace was wired with electricity and telephone service-before Buckingham Palace and the White House.
Posted Image
BOINC team
Setiweb team

#21 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 12:41 PM

7% of our Members have made a contribution at least once since the system was deployed.

#22 Mofo Jones

Mofo Jones

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 12,268 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 12:51 PM

Hmm, yeah, I think we're good on soup starters here.  So probably best to stick to gold/silver bullion or cash money ;)

LoL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He didn't ask for cash money that can be tendered! Quick, everybody send him your lira collections!
Posted Image

#23 Menelaus

Menelaus

Mini-mene

• Moderators
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 12:56 PM

since the system was deployed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you been reading military magazines again, Andrax?
"It is the job of the judges to ensure that the government of the day does not exceed its powers, which is a permanent desire of all governments." Lord Donaldson of Lymington

Brigadier: Naturally enough, the only country that could be trusted with such a role was Great Britain.
The Doctor: Naturally. I mean, the rest were all foreigners.

#24 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 01:18 PM

Hmm, yeah, I think we're good on soup starters here.  So probably best to stick to gold/silver bullion or cash money ;)

LoL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He didn't ask for cash money that can be tendered! Quick, everybody send him your lira collections!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Doh! I am such a fool! I JUST sent him a contribution in USD. :ph34r: :lol:

#25 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 01:19 PM

since the system was deployed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you been reading military magazines again, Andrax?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh, no. I use "deployed" all the time at work for computer stuff. Dates that new system/software are "deployed" to users/production etc. Hence the carry over.

Thanks JC, much appreciated. ;)