6 replies to this topic

#1 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:06 PM

Posted Image
Have you always wanted to try out Linux but were afraid you weren't up to the task? Here's Move, the easiest and safest way to test drive Linux.
Built on the Live-CD technology, Move enables you to run a full operating system from just one CD, anywhere, without the need for installation. Move is truly mobile. This is the only product of its kind to offer built-in handling of USB keys, allowing for automatic and seamless backup of configuration settings, as well as user data, up to 1.5 GB*.
Move features the award-winning Mandrakelinux, widely recognized for its user-friendliness, together with a collection of applications equivalent to or compatible with Microsoft® Windows® software. So there are no more barriers to prevent you from taking off into the Linux world.

This appears to be a retail only release (no ISO download that I can find, but could deffinitely be a great way for someone that wants to give Mandrake a spin without comitting to the full install onto their existing PC platform. You can read about the software suite over at MandrakeSoft's website.

#2 "Q"

"Q"

Forum God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 02:04 PM

I thought there was a download for Mandrake Move a while back. Hmm, probably changed it. In any case, Knoppix is still around.
"Lead me to the rock that is higher than I" - Psalm 61

#3 "Q"

"Q"

Forum God

• Members
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 02:05 PM

Ahh......Mandrake Move download.
"Lead me to the rock that is higher than I" - Psalm 61

#4 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 02:18 PM

Good find Q!

#5 Mofo Jones

Mofo Jones

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 12,268 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 03:55 PM

Some people are pussies. I've got the 98SE/SUSE 9.0 dual boot going on! Be a real geek and alter your drive partitions!!! B)
Posted Image

#6 Mike

Mike

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 8,493 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:32 PM

Lets see....Win98SE, SuSe 9, BeOs5 on my shuttle. Thinking of shoe horning wn2000 in for fun if I can free the space. *quad boot* baby :devil: Oh, don't forget Knoppix bootable CD! *it's a five boot* :lol:

I don't think I have the guts to have 2 linux distros on the same machine :shudder:

Edited by Mike, 11 October 2004 - 04:33 PM.

In 1887, Iolani Palace was wired with electricity and telephone service-before Buckingham Palace and the White House.
Posted Image
BOINC team
Setiweb team

#7 Farfik

Farfik

Forum God

• Valued Member
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 06:08 PM

I used to have a Gentoo Linux/Windows XP dual boot, but space constraints have forced me to ax Gentoo for now.