9 replies to this topic

#1 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 11:09 AM

Posted Image
In the recent business of cooler, the water cooler has taken a predominant position for a while. Undoubtedly, Thermaltake Technology, the world’s leading thermal solution manufacture and provider, has announced their latest internal liquid cooling system named BigWater. What makes the BigWater so incredible? The core components(radiator、water block and pump) of it can explicate the point that why the BigWater can predominate the mainstream liquid cooler market. On the other hand, Thermaltake Technology also provides the case solution to the experts that are familiar with how well the computer will run in a stable and convenient operating interface. The Shark case series, the whole new products, with high efficient ventilation and multiple input and output ports, create an optimal computing environment whenever the system is overloading.

For creating an excellent system environment, we will install the BigWater into the Shark case to improve further enhance the system’s thermal performance, safety and ease-of –use.

Let’s take a thoroughgoing look at the three core components including the 12 cm fan radiator and the copper water-block as well as the water pump:

(A. 12 cm fan radiator with the Shark case: The overall design of the radiator can pick up heat generated from the processor then to the radiator for heat dissipation and the BigWater utilizes a design that is similar to car’s radiator with pipes passing through layers of aluminum fins stacked together. Besides the Shark case has a 12cm fan in front of the case as well as a 12 cm fan at the rear of the case originally so that if the BigWater is installed into it , the operating interface will have three 12 fans, one is the 12cm fan at the front, another is 12cm fan at the rear and the other is 12cm fan bundled in the BigWater package.

(B. Copper water-block with the Shark case: The pure copper water-block can transfer the heat quickly due to its high conductive property of copper. Because the Shark Case’s side panel is honeycomb, you can see the flow and content of water clearly with the blue led. On the other hand, the customers can install the BigWater on the CPU socket of AMD K7 K8 and Intel P4 as well as LGA 775 to apply the function of the BigWater extremely

(C. Water pump with the Shark case: Through the build-in blue LEDs, the customers can check whether the pump unit is operating properly and take action when necessary. In addition to the blue led, the pump operates at nearly silent 20dBA to build a tranquil computing environment.

Ahh, watercooling goodness. Slap this together with a 6800Ultra and PIV EE or AMD FX 939 and the sky's the limit baby!. You can get more details at ThermalTake's website.

#2 lobsta21

lobsta21

Power Poster

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 12:14 PM

I've been waiting to buy a water cooling system. Is this the one? Lights don't matter I might use a Lian Li 1200 case.

#3 Mofo Jones

Mofo Jones

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 12,268 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 12:18 PM

Instead of using lights, couldn't you add a bit of color to the water and use clear tubing so you can determine if it's flowing or not?
Posted Image

#4 Mike

Mike

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 8,493 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 05:30 PM

Not really. The water looks like it's not moving unless there are air bubbles (bad) or turbulence (not likely in small tubes). You would need some kind of flow indicator device like a paddle wheel or a "rattler". But they can restrict the water flow and the amount of heat removed from the water blocks.
In 1887, Iolani Palace was wired with electricity and telephone service-before Buckingham Palace and the White House.
Posted Image
BOINC team
Setiweb team

#5 lobsta21

lobsta21

Power Poster

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 08:08 AM

I'll try it, take a while to build. Lotsa work right now, a good thing.
Edit; Can't find it yet, any other suggestions? Mike?

Edited by lobsta21, 11 October 2004 - 08:57 AM.

#6 Mike

Mike

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 8,493 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 10:34 AM

For LC systems? I wasn't impressed by my Aquarius 2-I think the radiator was too small, CPU temps were the same as air cooling. I like my Exos system, but you need to buy all the blocks separately so it can get pricey.

For the flow indicator?
A "shaker"
Posted Image

A "paddle wheel"
Posted Image
In 1887, Iolani Palace was wired with electricity and telephone service-before Buckingham Palace and the White House.
Posted Image
BOINC team
Setiweb team

#7 Mike

Mike

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 8,493 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 10:42 AM

I can't seem to find either available as separate units. I've only seen them as part of a complete kit.
Posted Image
BOINC team
Setiweb team

#8 Holleyman

Holleyman

Forum Demi-God

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 10:49 AM

I really want to submerge a MB and related components in a cooler full of alcohol and add dry ice. I've seen this combo used in cooler baths that lowered the temps to -80 C, the boiling CO2 keeps the liquid flowing past the heat sinks. I just winder if alcohol is too cunductive/capicitive to allo the system to run. Maybe just fill the cooler with N2...
Posted Image

PISS OFF A LIBERAL, BUY A GUN!

Warn: (80%) Posted Image

#9 Mike

Mike

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 8,493 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 12:07 PM

i wonder how conductive alcohol is at trace-width distances? I do know some (crazy) guys have used flourinert and dry ice to super chill motherboards, but they ran into problems when the flourinert started to gell due to the super cold temperatures.
Posted Image
BOINC team
Setiweb team

#10 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:20 PM

I read something quite a while ago about a guy who built the PC in a mini fridge and filled it with mineral oil as I recall.... No idea where that was though.