4 replies to this topic

#1 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 10:36 AM

Posted Image
An all-new chassis was announced by ThermalRock, Inc. today has released their “Ocean Dome” line of computer delights. Ocean Dome is built on the unique blend of style and elegance which the chassis portrays itself with serenity and sophistication. The ultra-silent chassis is very trustworthy and reliable and allows the users to fulfill their operating desires.

On top of the state of the art appearance, by utilizing three 90 mm Smart Fan units, which are strategically placed at the rear and on the side up and down parts of the case, for maintaining the chassis’s ambient temperature. The two 80 mm Smart Fan units are tactically placed at the top of the case for the fan to dissipate heat from the CPU and the front with an air filter that is able to rapidly flow cool air into the chassis.

The chassis impresses all with its exclusive exchangeable EMI net/Acrylic window for the side panel, reachable dual USB 2.0, IEEE 1394 Firewire, audio & speaker ports built in on top of the chassis for convenience and simplicity, and tool-free sliders for easy and comfortable installment of the 5.25” and 3.25” drive bay.

For the modern lifestyle, the Ocean Dome has many special perks that are apart of this unique case. The extravagant front panel specializes in a solid aluminum door with blue LED lights, created with a stylish wavy door, and visible front panel with three way door lock.

More details and info at ThermalRock's site. An interesting case design for sure, but ThermalRock appears to be a newcommer to the scene with equipment that appears to be strikingly similar to ThermalTake designs. With a 2004 © and web counter with 5000 visitors they could be worth keeping an eye on.

#2 Mofo Jones

Mofo Jones

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 12,268 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:49 PM

Go Lian-Li PC60!!! Aluminum in all its easy to use glory.
Posted Image

#3 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:53 PM

Actually, i'm no fan of Aluminum cases. In fact, after buying two, I will never buy them again. Japanese Steel for me from now on ;)

#4 Mike

Mike

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 8,493 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 08:20 PM

Ugh, another case that doesn't look nice. I think I'd take a Wave case over this one. At least the window blinds are fewer in number. I like a nice, clean front door like a Lian-Li PC-V1100 or PC-6070

Edited by Mike, 03 October 2004 - 08:21 PM.

In 1887, Iolani Palace was wired with electricity and telephone service-before Buckingham Palace and the White House.
Posted Image
BOINC team
Setiweb team

#5 Aenimus

Aenimus

Forum God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,674 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 09:32 PM

Not the greatest looking case, but definately better than the dragon.. i wouldn't mind having this case..
Posted ImageHead of the APBC