• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Menelaus

Menelaus

Mini-mene

• Moderators
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 09:39 PM

Regrettably it isn't a problem with a reclkacitrant mezzo-soprano, instead I am talking about the broswer. I run v7.0 (I am trying to update to 7.02 as I type).

But recently I have been unable to manage the bookmarks. I can add new ones, but the Ctrl+Alt+B code to get into the Manager elicits absolutely no response.

Does anyone else use Opera?
Have you had a similar problem?
What can I do about it?

I have been through the preferences but I can't find one that matches the problem.

TIA
"It is the job of the judges to ensure that the government of the day does not exceed its powers, which is a permanent desire of all governments." Lord Donaldson of Lymington

Brigadier: Naturally enough, the only country that could be trusted with such a role was Great Britain.
The Doctor: Naturally. I mean, the rest were all foreigners.

#2 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 09:45 PM

I believe that my solution would be to use IE 6.

:)

Sorry, never used Opera. Had been thinking about going out and downloading some of the different browser options... but never really got around to doing it.

I can safely say however... that any version of Netscape.... SUCKS

#3 Menelaus

Menelaus

Mini-mene

• Moderators
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 09:59 PM

I could never get the anti-popup sotware to run in IE, but its a charm in Opera. No more popups unless I run Morpheus or Kazaa.
"It is the job of the judges to ensure that the government of the day does not exceed its powers, which is a permanent desire of all governments." Lord Donaldson of Lymington

Brigadier: Naturally enough, the only country that could be trusted with such a role was Great Britain.

#4 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:00 PM

Use Kazaa Lite or Soulseek, then you dont have to deal with pop-ups even when your sharing files! :)

#5 Menelaus

Menelaus

Mini-mene

• Moderators
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:09 PM

I don't use any file sharing atm as my ISP sent me a snotty email that I was massively exceeding their bandwidth.

I had ripped all my CDs after Xmas to store on the PC, and I had left them for sharing purposes (as I am a nice kind of guy) and the modem monitor software showed that I had allowed about 35Gb of uploads in a month, when I am supposed to be running at about 2Gb uploading.

Oops!

#6 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:12 PM

buhahahaha... thats too funny.

As amazing as this is to believe, my Cable company appears to have just upgraded all their plans. Supposedly there is going to be a slight rate increase, but i have yet to see it and have not heard anything about it.

But my plan went from 800/200 to 1000/200. Not too shabby. Most of my downloads went from around 100KB/sec to 135-140KB/sec.

Uploads still maxes out at between 20-30KB/sec... but you cant have it all I guess.

#7 kcbest

kcbest

Andrax.Net Graphics Guru

• Staff
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 12:45 AM

Because I have no life, I was able to find something in the support section of the opera website that may be of use.

http://www.opera.com...15b029944a39d04

Something about the bookmarks file being write-protected. The main reason I even researched it is because browsers are a big concern of mine in the work I do. I've used opera briefly and I liked it, but I am partial to IE and I would have to agree with Andrax. Netscape SUCKS! However, from a web developer standpoint, Netscape 6.2 and later isn't all that bad. I won't bore you with the details about why, but if anybody out there just absolutely positively needs to use Netscape, only use the latest version! If anybody is using Netscape 4.something you are shooting yourself in the foot. For your sake and my sake, stay away from Netscape 4.anything! Please! Sorry to use this post as an opportunity to get on my soapbox about crappy web browsers, but I couldn't help it...

#8 Menelaus

Menelaus

Mini-mene

• Moderators
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 06:07 AM

Thanks kc, I will check out the link.
I am running Opera 7 atm, and the help section isn't part of the software (!!!) so I am supposed to trawl around in their forums for the answer. I amy see if I can just go back to Opera 6 which let me do this just fine.

#9 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 07:29 AM

Because I have no life, I was able to find something in the support section of the opera website that may be of use.

WHAT!!!!

You have lots to do... :) Packing... images, images, images, images, images, images, images!

*cracks the whip*

;)

heheh :innocent:

#10 kcbest

kcbest

Andrax.Net Graphics Guru

• Staff
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 03:31 PM

You'd think I'd stay on task, but no! Instead, the very site I am supposed to be working on is a complete distraction! :blink:

And for those who don't know, packing and moving sucks...

#11 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 07 March 2003 - 07:20 AM

*cracks the whip*