1 reply to this topic

#1 Zephyrspark

Zephyrspark

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:21 AM

Just wanted to post a new topic up to show what I currently use to Crunch primarily now.

Main PC

Intel i5 Clarkdale 650 3.20 Ghz (4/4 threads when not using  0-2/4 threads when actively in use)

20140508_003523.jpg

Secondary PC 2/4 threads constant
Intel i3 3.33 Ghz

Other devices:
Samsung Note 10.1 2/4 cores (one WU per core)
I have tested running 3/4 and 4/4 cores and it seems to not be able to complete them fast enough.
I've yet to find a good wealth of detail on them regarding crunching. I would assume the chip is just getting too hot and it slows itself down as a result, or the OS uses 1.x cores to run normal things.

All in all it donates a significant chunk of my progress.

Looking to build a quad core maybe six core machine near the end of the year. Perhaps if I can clone my hard drive onto a new one, and use this as a backup. Ill still want to keep it humming for all the WU's I have alot of ground to cover to get back into the top 10 :3

#2 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:50 AM

Just wanted to post a new topic up to show what I currently use to Crunch primarily now.

Main PC

Intel i5 Clarkdale 650 3.20 Ghz (4/4 threads when not using  0-2/4 threads when actively in use)

20140508_003523.jpg

Secondary PC 2/4 threads constant
Intel i3 3.33 Ghz

Other devices:
Samsung Note 10.1 2/4 cores (one WU per core)
I have tested running 3/4 and 4/4 cores and it seems to not be able to complete them fast enough.
I've yet to find a good wealth of detail on them regarding crunching. I would assume the chip is just getting too hot and it slows itself down as a result, or the OS uses 1.x cores to run normal things.

All in all it donates a significant chunk of my progress.

Looking to build a quad core maybe six core machine near the end of the year. Perhaps if I can clone my hard drive onto a new one, and use this as a backup. Ill still want to keep it humming for all the WU's I have alot of ground to cover to get back into the top 10 :3

Very nice! My last rig had a Zalman (at least it certainlylooks like a Zaman!). Not sure what the newest ones look like.

/runs off to store to get ready for the next two busy days!!!

Edited by Johnny Cool, 10 May 2014 - 07:52 AM.