8 replies to this topic

#1 DarkStar

DarkStar

Forum Demi-God

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

Not sure if you've seen this, but everyone definitely should. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=w_a7_pygtNA

<iframe src="http://www.worldcomm...e&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></iframe>

#2 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:47 AM

Not sure if you've seen this, but everyone definitely should. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=w_a7_pygtNA

I didn't see anything. Just someone rapping away. I had my speakers and then shut off the volume just in time. Yikes!!! And I'm sure those agency folks really did not like it! LOL! 

Edited by Johnny Cool, 27 February 2014 - 09:48 AM.

#3 Holleyman

Holleyman

Forum Demi-God

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

I like the US and most of the Americans I meet at home, online and when I travel in the USA.  I do believe that the US is not the great country it once was, Americans seem to be afraid of everything.  The media pushes fear, the government pushes fear, the average person on the street is fearful.

Terrorism, mass killings and WMDs are a far smaller threats than heart disease, car accidents and most of all your governments policies. 2 Billion dollar plus per day spent on defense would be much better spent to improve education, infrastructure and heath of the country.  That is the road to making the USA great again.

Spying on everyone just pisses the rest of the world off at you.

Posted Image

PISS OFF A LIBERAL, BUY A GUN!

Warn: (80%) Posted Image

#4 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

I like the US and most of the Americans I meet at home, online and when I travel in the USA.  I do believe that the US is not the great country it once was, Americans seem to be afraid of everything.  The media pushes fear, the government pushes fear, the average person on the street is fearful.

Terrorism, mass killings and WMDs are a far smaller threats than heart disease, car accidents and most of all your governments policies. 2 Billion dollar plus per day spent on defense would be much better spent to improve education, infrastructure and heath of the country.  That is the road to making the USA great again.

Spying on everyone just pisses the rest of the world off at you.

I agree on the "spying on everyone" statement. This government gets just about everyone angry and impatient; total ineptness in both present parties; the worst in US history. However, the statement about Americans 'seeming to be afraid' should be correctly amended to "Americans are very concerned with this still stagnant business climate and the way the government runs up that huge bill! HUGE!!!!!

There are cuts already planned to spend a lot less on the military this time, and yes, the substantially money saved still will not be enough to do all that we want (for awhile anyway). 

As I always always stated, we do need a 'true' third party who would represent most of us in a way that the Founding Fathers meant. We have certainly veered pass that fork in the road. And we will re-find our way. I am confident of that! 

#5 Mofo Jones

Mofo Jones

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 12,268 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

To "re-find" something, wouldn't we have had to know where it was in the first place? 

Posted Image

#6 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:00 AM

To "re-find" something, wouldn't we have had to know where it was in the first place? 

That *is* the problem; both sides of the aisle in the Senate and in the House have forgotten why they are there in the first place; the majority of voters know this. I think that the voters should send 'leaders' from their very own neighborhoods, in all states, to replace these lifelong, clue-less politicians in DC.... :blink:  

Edited by Johnny Cool, 30 March 2014 - 12:58 PM.

#7 Mofo Jones

Mofo Jones

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 12,268 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:28 PM

As Tip O'Neill said often, "All politics is local."  

Posted Image

#8 Menelaus

Menelaus

Mini-mene

• Moderators
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:47 AM

As Tip O'Neill said often, "All politics is local."  

It is, but if you play to the gallery back "home" then where do you learn to cope with the BIG picture across a nation?

It might make more sense in a smaller, tighter country where 'local' often equals 'domestic' but from the outside the US political system seems to focus on the minority who voted for you of the minority who bothered to vote at all and then only in your own district and the devil take everyone else.

"It is the job of the judges to ensure that the government of the day does not exceed its powers, which is a permanent desire of all governments." Lord Donaldson of Lymington

Brigadier: Naturally enough, the only country that could be trusted with such a role was Great Britain.
The Doctor: Naturally. I mean, the rest were all foreigners.

#9 Mofo Jones

Mofo Jones

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 12,268 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:51 PM

Well, getting people educated about the issues/candidates and to the polls would be a start.  Far too many people here don't see much of a difference between the choices for each office, so why bother to vote?    Voter apathy sucks.

Posted Image