13 replies to this topic

#1 DarkStar

DarkStar

Forum Demi-God

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

Seeing Zweistein's birthday announcement got me remember all the time I spent on the Voodoo forums, and playing online with other members from the forum, and it really got me missing the old days.

So am I the only one who misses the old times on the Voodoo forums?

Despite what Voodoo turned into we, the users, had made a wonderful home for ourselves on the net. Don't get me wrong, I am thankfully for this forum, but by the time we moved here we had lost so many people that it was never really the same.
<iframe src="http://www.worldcomm...e&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></iframe>

#2 Holleyman

Holleyman

Forum Demi-God

• Valued Member
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

I miss the people of the forums. It was quite the community at one time.

Edited by Holleyman, 11 May 2013 - 04:06 AM.

Posted Image

PISS OFF A LIBERAL, BUY A GUN!

Warn: (80%) Posted Image

#3 ethelred

ethelred

Master Poster Wannabe

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

I don't think that this forum or any similar forum can ever be the same. I am a member of the Other Bench Forum which is also composed of former Mutha Board and Next Bench members and it suffers from low participation as well. Unfortunately, I think that message boards have been replaced by the likes of Facebook and Twitter. I use neither, but then I am no longer in the "hip" generation.

edit: Also when we were members of the Mutha Boards we were all younger and had something to say. For many of us the Mutha Boards were a first-time experience and we were all anxious to contribute our opinions. Now, I think we / I view topics from the standpoint that whatever we can contribute has all been said before, so why bother.

Edited by ethelred, 11 May 2013 - 05:41 AM.

An issue is for discussion, a problem requires resolution.

ethelred the unready

Posted Image

#4 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

Yes, despite VooDooPC changes, I enjoyed just being in those forums. So many great laughs, so many great times! Posted Image

#5 Holleyman

Holleyman

Forum Demi-God

• Valued Member
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

The days of the boutique computer are dead. I don't even want to consider being tethered to my desk with a 60 pound monster desktop. My i7, 16 Gig, 680 GTX equipped laptop does more for gaming now than ever I could do on my desktop monster (yes, I sold out to dell and bought an Alienware).

I am on a few forums but for the most part I get news, mail and order stuff online now. My days of hours behind the keyboard is dwindling down, takes away from my time outdoors (with the exception of a few arcade mode games of War Thunder a few nights a week).
Still nice to see some familiar names on here once in a while.
Posted Image

PISS OFF A LIBERAL, BUY A GUN!

Warn: (80%) Posted Image

#6 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

The days of the boutique computer are dead. I don't even want to consider being tethered to my desk with a 60 pound monster desktop. My i7, 16 Gig, 680 GTX equipped laptop does more for gaming now than ever I could do on my desktop monster (yes, I sold out to dell and bought an Alienware).

I am on a few forums but for the most part I get news, mail and order stuff online now. My days of hours behind the keyboard is dwindling down, takes away from my time outdoors (with the exception of a few arcade mode games of War Thunder a few nights a week).
Still nice to see some familiar names on here once in a while.

i7,16 Gig, 680 GTX? Wow! I hope it is running Windows 7. Posted Image

#7 DarkStar

DarkStar

Forum Demi-God

• Valued Member
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

I've started looking at components for my next build, and while almost everything is still up in the air I've found the case, or at least narrowed it down two choices.

I had been looking for cases that were offered in reverse atx and I absolutely fell in love with the Caselabs Magnum M8 although I've started considering the Magnum T10 case which is the same double wide case but 6 inches taller.

These things are huge but since I've decided to watercool my new rig I figure that the room will come in handy.

The only downside I've found with these cases is the price since they are far from cheap, but I'll be buy it, fill it with awesome components, add a custom watercooling loop and still come in at less then I paid for either of my previous VoodooPC rigs or my current rig from Maingear. Plus of course I'll have the satisfaction of having built it myself.
<iframe src="http://www.worldcomm...e&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></iframe>

#8 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

I've started looking at components for my next build, and while almost everything is still up in the air I've found the case, or at least narrowed it down two choices.

I had been looking for cases that were offered in reverse atx and I absolutely fell in love with the Caselabs Magnum M8 although I've started considering the Magnum T10 case which is the same double wide case but 6 inches taller.

These things are huge but since I've decided to watercool my new rig I figure that the room will come in handy.

The only downside I've found with these cases is the price since they are far from cheap, but I'll be buy it, fill it with awesome components, add a custom watercooling loop and still come in at less then I paid for either of my previous VoodooPC rigs or my current rig from Maingear. Plus of course I'll have the satisfaction of having built it myself.

Whoa! Those MAGNUM Cases looked like very advanced Lian Li (my fave black cases) cases! Wish I had the dough; if you do, get one!

/ Posted Image

#9 Mofo Jones

Mofo Jones

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 12,268 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

LTNS, everybody!

Sometimes I miss the Mutthas as well. Of course I am friends with several of those folks on here and/or on Facebook, but yeah, those days are gone. People are on FB, Twitter, Reddit or other social media sites.

I'm posting from my Thinkpad X230T right now and my first build is sitting next to it. Still in the aluminum Lian-Li case. Still waiting for me to have the money to hit up Newegg for parts to bring it from 2005-ish to now. Not going to Win8, that's for damn sure. I've got 7 on this laptop and it works just fine.
Posted Image

#10 GNC

GNC

Forum God

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

People are on FB, Twitter, Reddit or other social media sites.

Then there are those of us that ignore all that crap; you try spending 54 months in Tex-ass without becoming anti-social! ;-)

#11 Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

Johnny Cool

• Moderators
  • 15,863 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

Then there are those of us that ignore all that crap; you try spending 54 months in Tex-ass without becoming anti-social! ;-)

I never have liked the so-called "Social Media". It's no longer funny to see professional Biz, Sports, etc, folks lose their jobs and also get humiliated in front of the ENTIRE GLOBE in a moment of stupidity! Posted Image Posted Image

#12 DarkStar

DarkStar

Forum Demi-God

• Valued Member
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

I never have liked the so-called "Social Media". It's no longer funny to see professional Biz, Sports, etc, folks lose their jobs and also get humiliated in front of the ENTIRE GLOBE in a moment of stupidity! Posted Image Posted Image

Yeah, not a fan of it myself.

#13 ethelred

ethelred

Master Poster Wannabe

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:49 AM

If we (my immediate family) spent time on Facebook, what would we have to talk about when we get together with my sister's family at Chritmas? Or, maybe we don't have to get together anymore.
An issue is for discussion, a problem requires resolution.

ethelred the unready

Posted Image

#14 Mofo Jones

Mofo Jones

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 12,268 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

I wasn't recommending social media. I have a FB account because sometimes I like keeping up with people I know. When I post, it's usually a reference to something else or some odd thing that happened to me that day.
Posted Image