• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:45 AM

Being the PC section... whats on your must have software list?

Speaking of software, is anybody using STEAM? Aside from the wish list feature (which is pretty cool), I'm actually quite pleased with the electronic delivery system. I was a hater at first and was dead set on buying boxed versions of software, but have been won over with the ease of management and not having to keep track of a hundred boxes cluttering up my shelves and then worry about missing install disks. One click removes the game files, another redownloads them. Even the huge games usually get re-downloaded overnight, so with some strategic planning it's never a crisis of not having the game I want to play installed.

I'm on the fence about World of Warcraft Cataclysm expansion. Don't really have time to play, but always get sucked back in for a few months of the year. I am anxiously awaiting Mass Effect 3. Having played through the first and second installments in the last few months has been great. Highly recommend it for shooter/rpg fans. Great story arc, super playable, and it's crazy cheap (frequently on sale) via Steam. You can also get them on XBOX 360, but whatever system you start on, expect to do the whole series on. Your decisions carry over and effect the story arc on the later games.

#2 Webbie

Webbie

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:29 PM

I'm not touching Cataclysm. I plan on waiting 3 years for Dark Milennium online. Otherwise I am watching Kings and Castles and Stronghold 3, but nothing is on my list for this year.
"Are you a god?"
"More or less Toblaki. Does that frighten you?"
"I've met gods before. They collect chickens."
"We posess mysterious ways indeed."

#3 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:50 PM

I'm not touching Cataclysm. I plan on waiting 3 years for Dark Milennium online. Otherwise I am watching Kings and Castles and Stronghold 3, but nothing is on my list for this year.

Never heard of dark milennium. Space mmo? I had high hopes for the star wars kotor mmo, but heard it isn't all we would hope for which is too bad. The kotor universe kicks ass.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

#4 DarkStar

DarkStar

Forum Demi-God

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:54 PM

Space MMO?

If that interests you then you should try Eve Online. :w00t:

If you want to try it out drop me a pm and I'll send you a key that will give you a 3 week trial instead of 2.

Edited by DarkStar, 02 December 2010 - 07:54 PM.

<iframe src="http://www.worldcomm...e&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></iframe>

#5 Webbie

Webbie

Forum God

• Moderators
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:35 PM

http://www.darkmillenniumonline.com/

Trailer here:
http://www.bigdownlo...010-trailer-hd/

I've already tried EVE, it's way too slow for my tastes - WoW is way too slow for my tastes now too. :P

I was briefly excited about DUST 514 until I realized they are building it for consoles.

Natural Selection 2 is getting close - I bought the alpha because I felt that based on how much I played the first one I more or less owed it to them. I would wait a little while longer for them to fix up the netcode so it's "fun" though.

Edited by Webbie, 02 December 2010 - 09:56 PM.

"Are you a god?"
"More or less Toblaki. Does that frighten you?"
"I've met gods before. They collect chickens."
"We posess mysterious ways indeed."

#6 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:49 AM

Ahh, Warhammer. Cool universe, hopefully they don't crap it up in the MMO. :)

I also purchased NS2, missed the alpha and kicked myself. When they did the public beta I picked it up. It's not bad, but has a ways to go for stable release. Looks like it will be fun when it's done though. I've only tooled around a little bit. I don't recall when the last time I had played the first NS, but it took me a bit to figure out what the hell I was doing in the new one. heh.