2 replies to this topic

#1 DarkStar

DarkStar

Forum Demi-God

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 03:35 PM

As the topic said I need to replace my Ati Radeon 9800XT 256mb AGP videocard and while I would like it to be a better/newer card I also would prefer something that has about the same power consumption because I REALLY don't want to have to replace the PS.

Also I don't want to spend a ton on it since I am looking to buy a new gaming system for myself and this would become the family/backup computer.
<iframe src="http://www.worldcomm...e&special=true" frameborder="0" name="di" scrolling="no" width="405px" height="145px"></iframe>

#2 Andrax

Andrax

Andrax.Net Admin

• Site Admin
  • 9,376 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 07:18 PM

Hmm... i'm not even sure what your options are these days on the AGP platform...

#3 Menelaus

Menelaus

Mini-mene

• Moderators
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:27 PM

About all you can get right now are the X1950 XT, X1950 PRO and 7900GS I suppose.
There is talk of the new Radeon 3850 being available on AGP but its only rumour I think.
"It is the job of the judges to ensure that the government of the day does not exceed its powers, which is a permanent desire of all governments." Lord Donaldson of Lymington

Brigadier: Naturally enough, the only country that could be trusted with such a role was Great Britain.
The Doctor: Naturally. I mean, the rest were all foreigners.