6 replies to this topic

#1 Lanthar

Lanthar

Forum God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,464 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:56 AM

Don't know if anyone you paid attention to the Apple event today... but holey crap-a-licious...

My wife and I were about to get iPhones as a treat... but Steve announced the iPod Touch today and my more frugal nature decided iPhone for the wifey and iPod Touch for me was the way to go... then the "bastard" dropped the price of the 8GB iPhone to $399 (which will tick some early adopters off, but I'm not one of them...)... so, now I have no friggin idea what I'm going to do...
pfsssssssssssssssss... WHAM!
Hold tight! Hold tight? We taped daggers to his hands, he can't help but hold on to them. It seemed like the nice thing to say. After throwing him face first into a rock wall on the other side of a giant sea of fire? Yes.

"si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes"

"You need to take the bull by the balls and run with him" - random inDUHvidual

Posted Image Posted Image

#2 oVo

oVo

Thought Mod. Wannabe

• Valued Member
  • 9,892 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:47 AM

:lol:

Ah choices, choose not a choice but be chosen by a chance of choosing.

And if the choice is between touching and phoning...

Edited by oVo, 06 September 2007 - 02:47 AM.

Posted Image [font="Impact"]

#3 BSartist

BSartist

Master Poster

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:21 AM

Having the phone integrated is nice to have.

Being able to recieve calls while listening to music.
Being able to surf the web while on the speakerphone / conference call.
Being able to go to your address book and quickly get directions to someplace.
Searching for a business and one-touch calling them.

Being able to do this from just about anywhere beats a wifi only functionality. I've had my gf look up movie times while we were on the highway for a movie theater we had never been to. Then get directions to it. It's stuff like this that you will find yourself doing that you wouldnt be able to do normally or even with wi-fi ability.

The plan for the phone is standard pricing. It's even cheaper than most smart phone plans.

Part of the whole point for me was to not have to carry around more than one device. If you already have a nice phone and you just want to upgrade your iPod, I can see the Touch being a nice change. But having a phone integrated really does make for a nice experience.

#4 Lanthar

Lanthar

Forum God

• Members
  • 6,464 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:51 PM

Of course, now they're also selling the 4GB iPhones for 299 "while they last"...
Hold tight! Hold tight? We taped daggers to his hands, he can't help but hold on to them. It seemed like the nice thing to say. After throwing him face first into a rock wall on the other side of a giant sea of fire? Yes.

#5 Menelaus

Menelaus

Mini-mene

• Moderators
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:23 PM

can get a rebate of $100 if you paid full price, now too

BBC
"It is the job of the judges to ensure that the government of the day does not exceed its powers, which is a permanent desire of all governments." Lord Donaldson of Lymington

Brigadier: Naturally enough, the only country that could be trusted with such a role was Great Britain.
The Doctor: Naturally. I mean, the rest were all foreigners.

#6 Lanthar

Lanthar

Forum God

• Members
  • 6,464 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:07 PM

can get a rebate of $100 if you paid full price, now too

BBC

Yeah, I passed the final details of that on to my father-in-law who has way too much money and got one a while ago.

#7 BSartist

BSartist

Master Poster

• Valued Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:02 AM

Yeah I dont know what I'm going to spend my $100 on, lol.

There's a Shure headphone adapter so I can ditch the crappy iPod earbuds... But then that would necessitate me dropping another $200 or so on some SE310's and I really dont feel like spending more $$ for a while.